Sanbanushi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New DnD (Name TBD)

5 posters

Go down

New DnD (Name TBD) Empty New DnD (Name TBD)

Post  Alfax Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:28 pm

Alright guys, here's the skinny. I, Alfax T. Mighty, will be hosting our new DnD deal on Fridays. What you guys need to do is make level 5 characters, you can follow standard or SBan races/classes. Use the stat buy that we use for SBan, which is 30. You'll all get the average starting money for a lv 5 character, which is 9000 coins.

When making you character think something like "part of a bigger evil fighting organization." Basically you'll be in a world well aware of the dangers outside their doors and on other planes. In this world of yours a group of top adventures has found people, much like yourselves, that show promise and/or power and have banded together to protect the world, etc. There's a base of operations and several outposts so you'll have places to rest and recover relatively safely. So, you're not just one roving band of adventurers, you're part of a group of many roving bands of adventurers. You'll be sent on missions that could be recover item x, kill demon (figurative?) y, rescue damsel z, protect dignitary w, etc. The idea is that you guys aren't the top dogs in the hero department and to see what it's like to play a group of people who aren't the number one amazing saviors.

That's how it's going to start it at least. I have... plans... for the future. Twisted Evil

Post any questions you have, or other ideas you'd be interested in so we can discuss.

Last edited by Alfax on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Alfax
Alfax
Sun

Back to top Go down

New DnD (Name TBD) Empty Re: New DnD (Name TBD)

Post  KevinBlaze Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:06 pm

Sanban base is 30, to chime in, while I have the intertronzz
KevinBlaze
KevinBlaze
Rain Cloud

http://kevinblaze.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

New DnD (Name TBD) Empty I am distressed

Post  Alfax Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:40 am

Thanks, buddum.

On a related note, I am distressed to find that the only person to respond to my post is the one that is thousands of miles away. Based upon this silence I am assuming you all have nothing you really want to change or add and I will commence with the plans as I have them.

Also, Elizabeth is having her birthday party this Friday. Since that starts at 6 I expect JBomb and I will be able to make the 8:30 tee time. If it looks like that will not happen I will call ahead with further information.
Alfax
Alfax
Sun

Back to top Go down

Post  Joaneh Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:19 am

That sounds like a plan to me.

There's not really a whole lot that I can say on the matter outside of that.

- - -

Yeah, Elizabeth's party is next week. But really we shouldn't have any sort of problems getting back by 8:30.. Unless we start ridiculously late, which I hope doesn't happen.

Also, I may end up going out May 16th - but that wouldn't be until 9 or 10 pm or so. Maybe we could just start earlier on that day to make up for my departure?
Joaneh
Joaneh
Torrential Downpour

http://www.sanbanushi.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade8813 Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:02 pm

Sounds good to me. We already talked about it, and I haven't thought of anything new to add, so I didn't post anything.
Wade8813
Wade8813
Cloudless Day

Back to top Go down

Post  FarceQactuar Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:46 am

Just a thought, and it's probably too short notice to act upon, but it's possible we could do some stabbing in the dark around some of the new stuff we've been talking about over in 'What are we looking for in the New Edition?'. Be it different char options or steam-punking it up, etc.
FarceQactuar
FarceQactuar
Cloudless Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfax Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:44 am

FarceQactuar wrote:Just a thought, and it's probably too short notice to act upon, but it's possible we could do some stabbing in the dark around some of the new stuff we've been talking about over in 'What are we looking for in the New Edition?'. Be it different char options or steam-punking it up, etc.
Yeah, while I'd like to implement some of those things it's not something that I can do reasonably in a couple of days. Maybe I could do something with death if one of you just so happens to die. >.>

Just so there's no confusion, unlike what JBomb eluded to, Elizabeth's party is THIS Friday the 11th. I expect to be back before 8:30 and the same things I mentioned above still apply to that.

And it's important that I get replies even when you have nothing to add just so I know you've seen and approve. If all I get is silence then I have no information on what you think of it to go on. That being said I should be ready for Friday and all it's glorious-ocity.
Alfax
Alfax
Sun

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade8813 Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:05 pm

I have a rough concept of what I want to do for my char. I'm going to be a Fighter(-ish?) guy who wields a spiked chain, and has a lot of AC. I'll probably have a bow, but won't focus on archery.

Mebbe you guys should call/IM us when the party's done, so we don't have to stand around outside if you're running a little late.
Wade8813
Wade8813
Cloudless Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade8813 Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:37 pm

So, Jason and I were talking about it, and it seemed like those wolf-things were very similar to Jason's character in terms of HP, AC, AR, and DMG. But they had a dude who gave us -2 on stuff as well... Suspect
Wade8813
Wade8813
Cloudless Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfax Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:55 am

Wade8813 wrote:So, Jason and I were talking about it, and it seemed like those wolf-things were very similar to Jason's character in terms of HP, AC, AR, and DMG. But they had a dude who gave us -2 on stuff as well... Suspect
Is there a point, or are you just trying to be passive aggressive? 'Cause I don't respond well to that.
Alfax
Alfax
Sun

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade8813 Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Is there a point, or are you just trying to be passive aggressive? 'Cause I don't respond well to that.
Oh, well in that case, passive aggressive. Definitely Razz

I'm not completely sure what my point was - that they should have been able to kill us, that the only reason they didn't was because spellcasters are borkenz - somethin'.
Wade8813
Wade8813
Cloudless Day

Back to top Go down

Post  FarceQactuar Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:56 pm

I'm fairly certain that at any point in time there my spells were ending up about as effective as an extra fighter. I'll admit I did twink out a bit, but not to the point of holding the team myself.

Now that I have a better feel for how this group basicly works, however, I'm fairly certain that I should have gone with the healer idea instead. Not too late for that...
FarceQactuar
FarceQactuar
Cloudless Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade8813 Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:32 pm

I'm fairly certain that at any point in time there my spells were ending up about as effective as an extra fighter. I'll admit I did twink out a bit, but not to the point of holding the team myself.
You mean each of your spells was as effective as an extra Fighter? Yeah, I can buy that. Making two big skele's, who can act as Undead Meat (sic) Shields, who can flank, and had DR, and nobody cared if they died... yah, that's as strong as, or stronger than, a Fighter.

Now that I have a better feel for how this group basicly works, however, I'm fairly certain that I should have gone with the healer idea instead. Not too late for that...
Well, healing would have been very useful, but I have a feeling they'd have killed us if you were a healer, since the four of them could dish out damage far faster than you could heal it from us.
Wade8813
Wade8813
Cloudless Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfax Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:44 am

Wade8813 wrote:You mean each of your spells was as effective as an extra Fighter? Yeah, I can buy that. Making two big skele's, who can act as Undead Meat (sic) Shields, who can flank, and had DR, and nobody cared if they died... yah, that's as strong as, or stronger than, a Fighter.
That's just not true. Those guys would have just basically been big meat shields in the way between the Wolfiens and him if not for him rolling rather high on their attack and damages. Their attack rolls were far less than Jason's, and if they did average damage they would beat a Wolfien in about 6 rounds, if there's 2 then it's 3 rounds. The Wolfiens basically can't miss them and one could destroy a skelly in about 3 rounds, plus more often than not they'd trip them. If it was just the six or so skellys that CJ could summon then the Wolfiens would clean house. Plus their greater intelligence allows them to gang up on one, where the undead basically attack the closest.

Jason's character, on the other hand, almost couldn't miss and would down a Wolfien in two hits. Plus is harder to hit and has more HP. So they are in no way as good as him.
Alfax
Alfax
Sun

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade8813 Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:11 am

Jason doesn't have that DR, and can't flank with himself. I can buy it that CJ rolled well, but I don't think that 2 Owlbear skele's are significantly worse than him. I could be wrong, however.
Wade8813
Wade8813
Cloudless Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Joaneh Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Maybe, maybe not.

To be fair I believe that you were rolling low. I was getting about average rolls. CJ got lucky rolls. Jason's rolls I don't know. Also, I'm pretty sure Alfax was getting about average to above average rolls.

With that in mind we're also fifth level characters and we're not the top dogs; monsters do not tremble at our presence. Also, along that same vein, the wolves we're probably about our level and since they were intelligent they could actually gang up on people as Alfax said. I believe that our efforts were a little spaced out at the beginning of the fight as well.

So yes, while it sort of sucked, that's just how the cookie crumbled for the fight. And it's not really worth a whole lot of grumbling.

Side note; I dislike people who think that they should talk on their cellphones.. in the LIBRARY! Y'know where there are like five billion signs saying not to.
Joaneh
Joaneh
Torrential Downpour

http://www.sanbanushi.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum