Sanbanushi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Campaign, after Final Fantasy 1

2 posters

Go down

Next Campaign, after Final Fantasy 1 Empty Next Campaign, after Final Fantasy 1

Post  KevinBlaze Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:16 am

Hey gang so I figured I should get our Idea Ball rolling regarding what we should do for our RPGaming post Final Fantasy 1.

If we are interested in doing another 4e game DM'd by me it'd need to be based on a world/game that I'm pretty intimate with.
Some 4E campaign ideas I'd be interested in pursuing: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 5, Final Fantasy 6, Dragon Warrior 1-4 Hybrid.
They'd each need a way of addressing at which point of the game to start in to be able to make enough character choices available and sensible. Definitely can be done though, not a lot of work. Also if we do 4E again it will definitely be starting above level 1. Depending on game world and whimsy something in the 3 to 11 range.

Other options include returning to Halo team or the main Thiefo group. This would take some work for everyone to re-familiarize themselves with what all has gone on and is going on. The epic story, plot, and character interaction is Halo/Thiefo, it isn't too much with out it.

Or we could try to go for a wild tangent, like Carebears: The RPG. :-P

Ideas? Thoughts?
KevinBlaze
KevinBlaze
Rain Cloud

http://kevinblaze.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Next Campaign, after Final Fantasy 1 Empty Re: Next Campaign, after Final Fantasy 1

Post  Joaneh Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Care Bears; The Edgy Version

The Bears
Bedtime Bear;
Eventual corruption lead to becoming a pimp. Love-a-lot Bear being his number one prostitute.
Birthday Bear;
The seedy, corruption of Earth caused Birthday Bear to commit suicide.
Cheer Bear;
Murdered by Tenderheart bear.
Friend Bear;
Euthanized due to having both babies and rabies. Lethal injection for the win.
Funshine Bear;
Everyone's favorite little Loki.
Good Luck Bear;
Up and down gambler. Quite addicted to the game, caught cheating on the occasion and runs into what happens for getting caught.
Grumpy Bear;
Reveling in the corruption, tends to move from one seedy place to the next seamlessly.
Love-a-lot Bear;
Number one prostitute for Bedtime Bear.
Sunshine Bear;
Shady, sitting outside of strip joints. Smoker, drinker; the tough look.
Tenderheart Bear;
The emo bear. Murdered Cheer Bear over something.
Wish Bear;
Druggy and pusher of drugs. Powers are sporadic; sometimes things just appear.

Notes of Interest;
Care-o-meter was destroyed due to the continual growth of corruption in Earth. No amount of work seemed to stop it from depleting quick enough to solve the dilemma. Now the various bears are moving about the Earth; telling themselves that they're trying to fix the problem while falling deeper and deeper into its clutches.

Joaneh
Omg, giant posts of doom.
Joaneh
Joaneh
Torrential Downpour

http://www.sanbanushi.com

Back to top Go down

Next Campaign, after Final Fantasy 1 Empty Re: Next Campaign, after Final Fantasy 1

Post  Joaneh Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:34 pm

No one understands me quite like you do,
through all of the shadowy corners of me...

Dragon Warrior

Basic Classes;
Hero
The all around guy. Most powerful equipment usage, magic usage. Too much of a perfect character for standard play. To quote wikipedia on the matter.. "He or she can be equipped with either heavy or light armor, and can use a variety of weapons." And, not to mention, "Some of the most powerful healing, defensive, and offensive spells in the game are exclusive to the Hero". Doesn't seem like a "class" that would be used if we went this way.
Mage
Your standard wizard really. Attack spells as well as ones for running about.
Cleric
Almost your standard cleric. Restricted armor use, but same use of weapons as the warrior. More restricted to just healing, not attack powers.
Theif
Fairly rouge like. Locater of towns, user of more so interesting weapons (whips, oh my.)
Jester
The sneak attack, luck part of the rouge. Wild card, hm.
Fighter
Reads more like a monk than the traditional fighter. Deadly damage, bare hand attacker.
Warrior
Reads like a dwarven standard fighter. Big hits, slower speed, etc.
Dealer
Money savvy, treasure seeker of the team.
Sage
Kind of want to say this is their buffed up cleric. More open options for equipment as well as being more of an attacker, not just a healer.

Notes;
Cleric and sage look as if they'd be more so combined. Theif and jester as well. Outside of that I'm sure there are various aspects of each to kind of push into the classes offered through the books.

Classes seem like they boil down to a melee person, someone good at gathering information and using said information to mess with the money and treasure, someone around to cure, and the magic user.

Boat usage for traveling eventually. Same idea as FFI in the sense of must go find relics/orbs of power, must use them to defeat the evil power.

Definitely seems like it would fit better with 4th Edition than 3rd edition. Basic classes, set turn movement, special powers, heh.

Joaneh
Gross, big.
Joaneh
Joaneh
Torrential Downpour

http://www.sanbanushi.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KevinBlaze Sat May 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Won't need to worry too much about what the classes from DW or whatever translate into 4th ed terms for the potential 4E campaigns, since what we'd do is use 4E classes and then call them by what they best approximate in the given world [For example Warlord is Red Mage, Cleric is White Mage.]

I didn't mention the 3rd major system option we have of using the New Edition system, that this forum has kind of been a blog for. I think it could be made into play testable shape by the time we'd get to using it. It'd take a bit more brain power than I personally have, but I'm sure between us if that's what we wanted to try out we could.

New Edition could also be used for returning to Thiefo, since thats what the rewrite was being intended for, then put on hold because of the 4E announcement, though as it turns out 4E has rather little in common with 3E, so my interest is renewed in NE work as a renovation and rework of 3E.

Guess I'll make a diff thread about the NE ideas in progress
KevinBlaze
KevinBlaze
Rain Cloud

http://kevinblaze.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum