Sanbanushi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The future of Halo team?

5 posters

Go down

The future of Halo team? Empty The future of Halo team?

Post  KevinBlaze Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:37 pm

Any ideas on what the future holds for Halo team, or plans thereof, they were left at a crossroads of sorts.

Potential ideas included going to Valley Rock to try to get Shallow's support, going back to Shallows for Adon's now that Elazar is free. Chasing after Sorbar into Nirar Buda was on the table, going after the Shard of Shadow. At least that's a few of the ideas that were out there.
KevinBlaze
KevinBlaze
Rain Cloud

http://kevinblaze.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

The future of Halo team? Empty The Dirvious Perspective

Post  Alfax Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:45 am

Here's what Dirvious would have to say:

Chasing Sorbar is a waste of time. He has a head start of a great deal and can cover their tracks with their dark powers. So unless Bryn has perfected his travel ability to take us straight to him (I wouldn't trust him if he said he did) there's no point in trying.

There's no reason the think we have any chance against the fallen army currently. They outnumber everyone on the continent and are growing in number. As good as the dwarves are they can't beat that. So we need a bigger and better army than we have. To start we need Adon. He's a powerful dude and probably has some tough cronies. Then we need to go to Vally Rock and get the stuff to get the aid of Shallows and possibly pick up some other cool trinkets. By then the Dwarven army has either fought (and lost) to the last man or has retreated to regroup. They'll either come back with more dwarves (hopefully in concert with our Shallows empowered army or shortly before) or be delayed by some jibber jabbering. At which point we'll need to go get them a movin' either through convincing them it's necessary, or by telling them that they're cowards to fail to act when others will (worded better if you like your head on your neck).

Any other thoughts?
Alfax
Alfax
Sun

Back to top Go down

The future of Halo team? Empty Re: The future of Halo team?

Post  Joaneh Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:54 pm

The Bryn Perspective

Going to have to agree with Dirvious on the fist part. While he has confidence in himself there is the problem of them being able to cover his abilities and there is the problem of not knowing exactly where they're headed in order to cut them off. Yes, there is a general idea of where they are headed, but arriving on location ahead of them or behind them with enough time to catch up isn't always likely. Also, there are other things to attend to -- the fallen for instance.

The fallen army;

It's a big army and from all accounts still growing. While even if we had the same set up to shoot down at them they could just as easily be revived by shamans. Now, the dwarf army of 3,000 strong is heading towards them, but they're not going to be enough. Yes, they're strong, but there is still terrible, terrible odds going against them. They'll try and likely fail, resulting in hopefully retreating to regroup and then coming back with more. They're going to need more, we're going to want them to have more so our army will have a chance of defeating the fallen plague.

Where does that leave us;

There is going to Vally Rock to get the stuff that is said to be there, which despite the dangers is a bit up there on the list. Nothing quite like treasure hunting to get your blood pumping or something. Not only that, but what is said to be there could very well help us out a lot in the quest to defeat the fallen. It's a good step to make before going off to face the fallen since it is supposed to get us the backing of Shallows - which you know helps our army size not only grow, but also grow in a few more competent fighters. Huzzah.

Adon and his "cronies". Having more super tough ended fellows on our team can only help us. Yes the other lower fighters are important, but for front line purposes it would be super awesome to have Adon and his cronies around to help us in our quest to save the land from the fallen plague and possibly other plagues.

The army left over in shallows. At the very least we need to check in with them, the carpenters have some nifty inventions in the work that could really assist in the goal of defeating the fallen.
Joaneh
Joaneh
Torrential Downpour

http://www.sanbanushi.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfax Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Do none dare to respond to these missives?! Is there no outside view or other way to think of this? There's gotta be problems with the plans sent forth. Joel, we turn to you. Cool
Alfax
Alfax
Sun

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade8813 Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:14 am

Of course there's problems with the plans set forth. Each and every single one of them is bad. Unfortunately, there is no good option.
Wade8813
Wade8813
Cloudless Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfax Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:05 am

Ok, good start. Now if you'll indulge Me with some details on the problems, like what they are. Or, equivocally, how they are bad.
Alfax
Alfax
Sun

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade8813 Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:01 am

Well, a lot of it was already covered for me;

Chasing Sorbar is a waste of time. He has a head start of a great deal and can cover their tracks with their dark powers.

There's no reason the think we have any chance against the fallen army currently.

All sufficient reasons not to do those things, for me.

We can try to get that Fallen controlling shard. It's not as useful as the one that the other guys have. There's other cool stuff too, but we don't know how cool. And if we leave the mountain areas, those guys who made deals with evil gods, or whatever, will try to kill us immediately.
Wade8813
Wade8813
Cloudless Day

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfax Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:25 pm

Those seem like good enough reasons to continue not going to the mountain with the shadow shard. But what about the rest of the plan? Anyone else feel like commenting? Our magnanimous leader? That fella what slips in streams?
Alfax
Alfax
Sun

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah1310 Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:02 pm

He'll put slips in your streams

As per usual, Slipstream definitely wants to go for the gold (or platinum, gems, or silver, he's not picky). The best location for that seems to be Valley Rock. This will also get us to the weaker of the two fallen controlling shards. Once we control that shard, we then can get together with Dwarf wave 2 (assuming there are more Dwarves and assuming this one fails) plus our own army and hope to be able to slay the fallen and get both fallen controlling shards (then we can use the fallen to find more precious goodies!)
Jeremiah1310
Jeremiah1310
Rain Cloud

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfax Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:14 pm

That sounds like an endorsement of the plan, but you also seem confused on one point.
Jeremiah1310 wrote:This will also get us to the weaker of the two fallen controlling shards.
That's not at Valley Rock. That's in the other place we were at with Olah and Evil Bryn and the dark masters. Entirely different mountain.

Also, I'm pretty sure we'd need to off all the fallen if we got both the shards. What with them being made out of evil and all. And even if we do kill the fallen army, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll get the shard from the masters.
Alfax
Alfax
Sun

Back to top Go down

Post  KevinBlaze Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:25 pm

Chasing Sorbar is a waste of time.

Halo figured thanks to being able to dream world warp right next to the mountain where Sorbar's heading, quite possibly beating him there.
KevinBlaze
KevinBlaze
Rain Cloud

http://kevinblaze.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah1310 Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:03 am

Alfax wrote:That sounds like an endorsement of the plan, but you also seem confused on one point.
Jeremiah1310 wrote:This will also get us to the weaker of the two fallen controlling shards.
That's not at Valley Rock. That's in the other place we were at with Olah and Evil Bryn and the dark masters. Entirely different mountain.

Also, I'm pretty sure we'd need to off all the fallen if we got both the shards. What with them being made out of evil and all. And even if we do kill the fallen army, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll get the shard from the masters.

My mistake. My vote is to get the crystal shard (and any treasure guarded there as well).
Jeremiah1310
Jeremiah1310
Rain Cloud

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down